Virtue cannot be legislated, but behavior patterns can be reinforced or counteracted. The wise legislator devises laws to encourage responsible behavior and discourage behavior harmful to the individual and the community long-term.
1. No male legally required to provide (financially or in any other way) for the support of a child conceived and born out-of-wedlock.
2. State aid to unwed mothers cut off one year after the birth of the first illegitimate child.
3. In no-fault divorces, full child custody automatically awarded to the father.
4. Illegitimate offspring forbidden by law to receive any portion of the father's estate.
5. The eldest surviving son conceived in wedlock required by law to receive a double portion of his father's estate (Deuteronomy 21:15-17).