Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Inefficient God

This sermon by my friend Koos Van Leeuwen deserves a broader reading audience than it has hitherto enjoyed.

The way God works does often not make a whole lot of sense to me. I know He always makes sense to you, but to me, no. He often strikes me to be the most inefficient person I know. At the time of creation He could have invited CNN reporters with cameras running for live-footage so that once and for all it is clear what actually happened at that time. The only problem would have been that CNN might not have had enough tape to cover the evolution over billions of years. Maybe God would have wanted FOX news to cover this spectacular event instead. They seem to like Him more. But instead of having cameras running God had people writing the creation story in the form of poetry. God uses poetry to explain the very first beginning of life.

Read the rest.

No comments: