Friday, October 29, 2004

First Post


This weblog is the online journal of Andrew Matthews. While I will write much on the subject of church and state, you'll find my opinions on a variety of topics as well as links to other things on the web that I find interesting. When the spirit moves me, I may also include longer essays.

I will attempt to demonstate and illustrate the following theses here at UO:

1. Divine government is monarchical.

2. Human authority is derived from and patterned after the divine monarchy.

3. Jesus Christ is now both de jure and de facto King of kings.

4. The New Covenant is a universal administration of God's kingdom that encompasses all human societies, including the nations.

5. Enlightenment revolutionism (whether American, French, or Bolshevik) is the political expression of anti-Christ.

6. Religious sectarianism is the ecclesiastical counterpart to political revolutionism and is the religious expression of anti-Christ.

7. Christendom is roughly equivalent to the visible kingdom of Christ.

8. The Church's task is to disciple all nations in the obedience of Christ. This is an essential aspect of catholic Christianity.

I welcome all thoughtful discussion of these issues. Any suggestions to improve this site and the quality of its content would be much appreciated. Thank you and God bless.

Andrew Matthews

UPDATED 7/16/06

No comments: